Sunday, July 13, 2014

Lazy Weekend

It's nice to have a lazy weekend once and awhile. This weekend was definitely an accomplishment on my half. On Saturday, we decided to go swimming. I haven't gone swimming in three years and since I've had my last episode in the hospital last year. Naturally, I was worried that I wasn't going to be able to enjoy myself swimming. But it wasn't bad at all. If I lazed around in the pool with a floater, I was able to handle myself. But the actual act of swimming and having to doggie paddle in the deep end tired me out very quickly. I barely did any swimming before losing my breath. Needless to say, I stuck to the floater.

Also this past week, the man bought a new used car and it's a stick shift......... just so you all know, I am now being trained in how to drive a stick shift. I didn't do too bad in my first lesson and I kinda like it. The only main problem I have is that my legs are kinda short to reach the pedals. So using the clutch is obviously hard with little legs. We even moved the seat as far as it can go! #shortpeopleproblems  as the (6'5") boyfriend would say. Lucky chap!

Then the rest of the weekend was spent being nerdy and playing World of Warcraft (don't judge) together and basically chilling from the recently busy work weeks. Work has been crazy with the Summer Reading Program. Kids every day, all day. It's rather tiring.

But there is one thing that cures the craziness and that's mama Wescott's strawberry jam!


It's heaven on earth!